Hello! So yesterday was the first day of my Personal Week read-a-thon! I basically wrote down mini entries to share during the day. So please enjoy!!!
July 31, 2017
- 5:00am: I went to bed last night right before 12am. I only slept for 5 hours but at least that lets me have more time to read! I woke up on my own at this time. I have to wake up around 7:30am.
- 5:08am: I’m getting distracted by TV. The TV show is Wild Kratts. Yes I’m a grown adult watching a kid show 😂😁
- 5:51am: Oh no. That was a bad idea. Why did I have to catch the hour episode of Wild Kratts? I’m too sleepy to read. Good thing I read some of a book last night! See you later.
- 6:15am: I couldn’t sleep. I’m going to read some of Living Courageously by Joyce Meyer.
- 6:25am: I made it to page 30. I’m going to sleep again.
- 3:33pm: Hey! So I haven’t logged a lot because I was volunteering all day and then I went to eat and hang out with my brother. I did read some of the Bible today but it’s not on my TBR 😭. So right now I’m going to finish watching a YouTube video and then read some of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality or Living Courageously. P.S. I’m picking up Anna and the French Kiss today from the library.
- 4:03pm: I took a break because I’m tired 😴. I need a nap but also, I need to go to the library before it closes. Ugh! I’m so lazy 😂. Read 6 pages of Emotionally Healthy Spirituality.
- 8:00pm: I got the book Anna and the French Kiss! I read a total of 39 pages in this book. I’m currently on page 118. (I read quite a bit of the book before with an audiobook). I stopped reading for an hour to watch Odd Squad.
- 9:00pm-1:00am: I got sidetracked by eating food, watching YouTube videos, and doing my hair. Now I just finished getting ready for bed. I’m going to try to read a little bit more before I sleep. Overall today did not go as well as I’d planned. 😕 But hopefully tomorrow will be better. Ok see you then!
So, that is how my Day 1 went. I need to learn how to incorporate reading into every free moment that I have during this week so I can do better. Also, I need to try to read instead of just sitting up watching TV and watching YouTube videos. I’m going to have to watch a video on Youtube on how to do read-a-thons (I just contradicted myself lol 😅). Thank you for sticking around 🙂 Day 2 is next 🙂 Have a great day.
Hello! This is DT here! So I’ve been watching videos of booktubers vlogging their experience during a readathon whether it be for only 24 hours or a whole week. I really wanted to participate in one but I was too busy during the week of the Booktube-a-thon. So I’ve decided to blog about my experience daily for my own personal read a thon. I want to try to read 6 books in 7 days. Really ambitious for me but I’m going to try! Here is my TBR for the week:
Westminster Abby by Micol Ostow
**Disclaimer: This review is my opinions on this book. I’m not trying to offend anyone, I just wanted to get my feelings off of my chest and share my thoughts with you all. If you feel differently than I do about this book, please comment and tell me why! I’ll be glad to listen to your opinions. Just please be nice 🙂
This book was an OK book. It wasn’t written bad in my opinion. It’s a nice book for young adults to read who are trying to find themselves or be more independent. However there are many things about this book that I didn’t like. But, I’ll start with a synopsis and what I did like.
Westminster Abby is about Abby (as you can guess XD) who is 16 years old, traveling to London, England for the summer with the S.A.S.S (Students Across the Seven Seas) program. She goes to England wanting to add more spice to her life because to her it is “plain.” She wants to be a “scoop of vanilla ice cream with sprinkles.” She learns to trust herself while going through the typical boy drama along the way.
Things I liked:
- It read at an fairly quick pace. I like to read books that do that.
- The activities that the teens went through were pretty realistic. It had teens drinking at bars/clubs and a few curse words thrown here and there (but those were mostly at the beginning.) **I do not advocate underage drinking!! I just thought it was realistic because some teens actually do that stuff nowadays.
- Abby is from New York City, just like me!
- The way the author described the scenery of England was really nice. The characters in the book went to many places and it was nice because I got to see how everything in London looked like.
Now let’s move on to the things I didn’t like. I have two main points I’m going to elaborate on and then I’ll just list the minor things that irked me. SPOILERS ARE COMING UP SO PLEASE RUN!!! Also, I didn’t take a lot of notes while reading so the things I’m mentioning are from my memory (meaning: no page numbers and quotes are paraphrased.) Continue reading
I pressed this post so I can always come back to it when I’m stressed out. Thank you Troubles of a Twenty Something for writing this 🙂
Stress. A feeling we all know too well. That extra weight on your shoulders pulling you down; so many thoughts and worries ticking over in your head you can’t relax; that horrible anxious fee…
Source: 7 Tips: How Not To Stress
Calling All Language and Book Lovers!! (Blogging University Day 4: Identify your audience)
Hey Guys! How was your Christmas? Today I would like to talk about the type of audience I imagined to have when starting this blog. As you know, I like reading books and learning languages, so I wanted to connect with people who share the same interests as me 🙂 I honestly just want to make friends who I can share my opinions with and not be seen as weird XD. So anyone who loves books and learning languages, Hi! (Or even if you don’t, Hi!)
P.S. If anyone has learned a language by teaching themselves, please tell me! I have a notebook all nice and ready for you to share XD (My sad attempt at adding media into this post)
Shyuniqueonlyme- Why I chose this title and my tagline (Blogging University day 2)
I chose the name Shyuniqueonlyme because I wanted a name/title that really represented me. I’m admitting the fact that I am shy but I am also sending a positive message to myself that I am unique, and that I can only be me. Basically it’s a view of my journey to self acceptance (I don’t know XD I just liked the fact it described me in a few words). I chose the tagline “In a gentle way, you can shake the world” by Gandhi because I wanted to find something positive to share with you guys while at the same time to motivate myself whenever I see the tagline. It reminds me that even if what I’m doing seems miniscule and not very grand, I could still be impacting someone in a positive way and that’s a cool thing to do XD. Thanks for reading.
Who am I and Why I’m Here–Blogging University Day One
I am here because I want to write a blog. I don’t really know exactly where I’m going with this but I believe it will be fun. Most of my posts will probably be about books I’ve read, fun tags I want to do, new music I’ve found, and about language learning. Those are my interests so you’ll most likely see posts about that. Thank you for your support if you decide to stick around and see what I post XD.